Top News Stories
- Update: Fire In San Andreas Threatens Homes
- Recycling: Feeding the Soil
- Caltrans Warns Of Traffic Delays
- Judge Denies Injunction For CA Vaccination Law
- Courthouse, Recreation And Presidential Poll Questions
- Mokelumne Fire In Stanislaus National Forest Grows
- Administrators Will Provide Update On School Construction Projects
- Calaveras Sheriff’s Office Concerned About Marijuana Found In Valley Springs
- Sonora High Beats Rival Oakdale: Summerville and Calaveras Also Open With Victories
- Repairs Planned For Mountain Tunnel Near Groveland
- Update: Mountain Lion Sighting Near Columbia Elementary
- Last Weekend Of August Events
- Vegetation Fire Near White Pines Lake
- Felon Escapes TCSO Deputies
- California Ranks As Least Tax Friendly State
- High School Football Season Arrives
- Columbia Teen Booked On $500,000 Bail For Sexual Related Crimes
- Next Week’s Strawberry Music Festival In Tuolumne
- Forest Service Addresses Restoration With Timber Sale
- Update: Crash Slows Traffic Near San Andreas
We want your input on KVML’s Saturday programing, vote below.
In 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama encouraged violence at a campaign rally in Philadelphia, PA. Obama dangerously told the crowd that if Republicans bring a knife to a fight, then Democrats should bring a gun. Was the candidate encouraging his audience of followers to kill other people over a simple difference in party politics? As this video shows, CNN host Jake Tapper brushed off the violent threat as an “allusion to a movie quote” that everyone should know and therefore politicians can flippantly say threatening comments without condemnation, political fallout or severe repercussions. On the other hand, a host on the Fox News Channel (second video down) seemed a bit more appalled.
The Calaveras Community Band performed numerous patriotic tunes at Turner Park in San Andreas on the evening of July 4th.
The Tuolumne Lumber Jubilee Parade took place Saturday morning in Tuolumne City. The parade was part of the four day event that concludes on Sunday with chainsaw competitions, ax throwing contests and a Tug-of-War challenge.
According to Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the Federal Government through research and investments, invented almost everything that is found in an iPhone. Steve Jobs, according to Pelosi, took the Federal Government’s inventions and “did a good idea designing it and putting it all together”. Perhaps Pelosi was trying to say that the general public, technology magazines and the overall media should be careful about giving APPLE and Steve Jobs any type of innovative credit, when clearly the Federal Government is the smartest bunch of all.
The first ever ‘Strawberry Festival’ took place at Copper Town Square this past Sunday in Copperopolis. The festival was put together by the Angels Murphys Rotary Club and featured strawberry themed food, beverage and crafts. The streets were jam packed from 10 AM through noon, however the nearly triple digit temperatures seemed to have chased away a large portion of the crowd during the afternoon hours. This Strawberry Festival is not associated with the similarly named Strawberry Music Festival.
The third annual Royal Flush Crapper Derby and Craft Fair is now the can. On Saturday, a large crowd turned out for the all day races, contests and vendors. Cub Scout Troop 500 began the day by serving breakfast in front of the Cal Fire station and a parade of cleverly named outhouses rolled through the streets of downtown Twain Harte at 9 AM. The overall event is a fundraiser for the Twain Harte Rotary.
The 3rd Annual Royal Flush Crapper Derby returns to Twain Harte this Saturday. The parade of outhouses starts at 9 AM in downtown Twain Harte. The crapper races, which is the main event, begin at 11 AM. There will be numerous contests and activities for the children. Vendors will offer both food and beverages so be sure to stay flushed and hydrated.
Thousands of people attended presidential candidate Donald Trump’s rally in Sacramento Wednesday night.